Investing in the Creative Workforce: Human Resources for Cultural Nonprofits
Some of the most valuable assets within the arts are the employees of organizations like yours. We are invested in building a platform of support for the arts community. Investing in the Creative Workforce is our latest initiative to fulfill that mission.
- Increasing HR compliance through direct legal services and HR consulting
- Creating educational webinars and workshops for senior staff on HR best practice
- Increasing access to employment benefits, such as retirement, disability and life insurance, and employee assistance programs
- Navigate the menu at left to learn more about our offerings, as well as information about common HR and business insurance topics.
Ipswich Bay Advisors “Brings It All Together”
The Arts & Business Council has engaged Ipswich Bay Advisors to manage the quoting and administration for the insurance plans companies can offer to its employees. Ipswich Bay Advisors is a leader and pioneer in employee benefits, human resource management, personal wealth management, & 401(k) management.
Here’s what sets Ipswich Bay Advisors apart:
Ipswich Bay Advisors is a culmination of close to three decades of experience and the development of expertise in the following areas:
- Consulting, design and evaluation of employee benefit plans
- Investment advisory services to institutional and private wealth clients
- Investment, retirement, estate and insurance planning
We believe the keys to a successful, long-term partnership with our clients includes:
- Complete fee disclosure and transparency in all financial matters.
- Our continued commitment to communication and education with clients and the industry.
- Conducting periodic compliance audits to protect our clients from legislative liability
- Our freedom from any conflicts of interest.
- Combining integrity, innovation and expertise in our high-responsive and proactive personal client relationships.
Besides health insurance, Ipswich Bay Advisors can offer an array of additional employee benefits companies may want to offer their employees:
- Dental: Taking care of your teeth is just as important as making sure your body is healthy. Ipswich Bay can provide dental quotes from numerous vendors that will go well with your company’s health plan.
- Vision: Your eyes are important too! Cost effective vision insurance is also available.
- Short Term Disability: If you need to recover from a recent illness or accident, short term disability coverage will allow you to collect a portion of your salary while you are away from work.
- Long Term Disability: If you need to take an extended leave of absence from work, make sure you have a long term disability plan that will provide you with income while you recover.
- Life Insurance: Help protect your family from financial stress with a life insurance policy.
- Critical Accident: We all are prone to accidents. Help soften the pain by having an accident insurance plan. Insurance companies will pay a flat dollar amount for certain injuries.
- Critical Illness: If you are at a higher disposition to have cancer, a stroke, or a heart attack protect yourself with a critical illness benefit. This benefit will save you and your family from paying high medical costs while you recover.
Ipswich Bay Advisors can provide competitive quotes for all of these benefits. For more information about Ipswich Bay Advisors please visit www.ipswichfinancial.com.
The Arts & Business Council appreciates that being compliant with all the related human resource laws, policies and regulations is a daunting prospect. It is an area in which new arts administrator and the seasoned professional alike feel exposed, and an area filled with its own list of vendors, consultants, jargon, best practices, and risk.
Over the past 25 years we’ve had the unique perspective and experience of running the Volunteer Lawyers for the Arts program, and during that time we have received a number of HR Cases. Many of these cases were the result of organizations that were not in compliance or had policies, regulations, or state and federal statutes that were not followed. The consequences to both the organization and its employee were rarely positive.
We understand the challenges of HR matters and want to help your organization maintain compliance. To meet this goal we have begun the following two part process:
- Step one – Compliance Audit: We have teamed up with Ipswich Bay Advisors to conduct the first set of compliance audits with interested organizations. Ipswich Bay Advisors is a full service HR and benefits consulting firm that serves as our technical advisor for this aspect of the Investing in the Creative Workforce program.
- Step two – Referral: Once the compliance audit is complete, a list of issues will be communicated to the organization. We will then help you assess and prioritize this list with the goal of providing you with a lawyer from the VLA program or a HR professional from the Business Volunteer for the Arts program to assist you with these matters.
Interested? Email Cliff Watkin at email@example.com.
Managing Effective Communication With Employees
Independent Contractor vs. Employee: How do I Choose?
Changes to Overtime Eligibility