- This event has passed.
Crescendo: Music Contracts, Band Agreements, and Trademarks
October 25 @ 6:30 pm - 7:30 pm
Week five of Crescendo continues Tuesday, October 25 at 5:30PM at the New Orleans Jazz Museum and streaming online at 6:30PM EST with “Music Contracts, Band Agreements, and Trademarks.” To RSVP and receive your Zoom link, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
This session covers:
- Contracts: band agreement, session musicians work for hire, venue agreements
- Pre-Release paperwork
- Contracts: co-writer agreements and/or split sheets
- Common band/artist business models
- Trademarks and controlling your image
- Management: when’s the “right time” to get a manager
Crescendo is an eight-week music business intensive presented by The Ella Project, the New Orleans Jazz Museum, and the Arts & Business Council of Greater Boston. Sessions take place every Tuesday from September 27 to November 15. See the full schedule here.
To RSVP and receive your Zoom link, please email email@example.com.