- This event has passed.
Crescendo: Streaming Royalties and Performing Rights Organization
October 18 @ 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm
Week four of Crescendo continues Tuesday, October 18 at 5:30PM at the New Orleans Jazz Museum and streaming online at 6:30PM EST with “Streaming Royalties and Performing Rights Organizations.” To RSVP and receive your Zoom link, please email email@example.com.
This session covers:
- Royalties Derived from the Public Performance Right (“Performance Royalties”)
- Publishing – full public performance right (conventional formats + internet streaming)
- PROs: what they are, who they are, how to sign up and register works
- Royalties Derived from the Reproduction & Distribution Rights)
- Sales of physical copies and digital downloads
- Music Modernization Act
Crescendo is an eight-week music business intensive presented by The Ella Project, the New Orleans Jazz Museum, and the Arts & Business Council of Greater Boston. Sessions take place every Tuesday from September 27 to November 15. See the full schedule here.
To RSVP and receive your Zoom link, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.