- This event has passed.
Crescendo: Streaming Royalties and Performing Rights Organization
October 18, 2022 @ 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm
Week four of Crescendo continues Tuesday, October 18 at 5:30PM at the New Orleans Jazz Museum and streaming online at 6:30PM EST with “Streaming Royalties and Performing Rights Organizations.” To RSVP and receive your Zoom link, please email [email protected].
This session covers:
- Royalties Derived from the Public Performance Right (“Performance Royalties”)
- Publishing – full public performance right (conventional formats + internet streaming)
- PROs: what they are, who they are, how to sign up and register works
- Royalties Derived from the Reproduction & Distribution Rights)
- Sales of physical copies and digital downloads
- Music Modernization Act
Crescendo is an eight-week music business intensive presented by The Ella Project, the New Orleans Jazz Museum, and the Arts & Business Council of Greater Boston. Sessions take place every Tuesday from September 27 to November 15. See the full schedule here.
To RSVP and receive your Zoom link, please email [email protected].