- This event has passed.
Crescendo Workshop: Publishing and Revenue Streams
October 4 @ 6:30 pm - 7:30 pm
Week Two of Crescendo continues Tuesday, October 4 at 5:30PM at the New Orleans Jazz Museum and streaming online at 6:30PM EST with lead presenters Lou Hill and Bri Whetstone as they present Music Publishing & Revenue Streams. To RSVP and receive your Zoom link, please email email@example.com.
This session covers:
- What publishing is – musical composition copyright and what is covered.
- What rights are included in music composition copyright.
- Common revenue streams from publishing.
- Publishing Companies & what they do.
- Basic Terms of Publishing Deals
- How to use someone else’s publishing rights (for a film/TV sync, or sampling)
Crescendo is an eight-week music business intensive presented by The Ella Project, the New Orleans Jazz Museum, and the Arts & Business Council of Greater Boston. Sessions take place every Tuesday from September 27 to November 15. See the full schedule here.
To RSVP and receive your Zoom link, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.