- This event has passed.
Crescendo Workshop: Publishing and Revenue Streams
October 4, 2022 @ 6:30 pm - 7:30 pm
Week Two of Crescendo continues Tuesday, October 4 at 5:30PM at the New Orleans Jazz Museum and streaming online at 6:30PM EST with lead presenters Lou Hill and Bri Whetstone as they present Music Publishing & Revenue Streams. To RSVP and receive your Zoom link, please email [email protected].
This session covers:
- What publishing is – musical composition copyright and what is covered.
- What rights are included in music composition copyright.
- Common revenue streams from publishing.
- Publishing Companies & what they do.
- Basic Terms of Publishing Deals
- How to use someone else’s publishing rights (for a film/TV sync, or sampling)
Crescendo is an eight-week music business intensive presented by The Ella Project, the New Orleans Jazz Museum, and the Arts & Business Council of Greater Boston. Sessions take place every Tuesday from September 27 to November 15. See the full schedule here.
To RSVP and receive your Zoom link, please email [email protected].