- This event has passed.
Get on Board! | May 17
May 17, 2019 @ 12:00 pm - 4:30 pm$275.00
Boston-area nonprofit organizations are in need of experienced business professionals to share their unique expertise and passion for important causes. Business skills, enthusiasm, and the desire to make a positive difference can have a huge impact on any organization. If you have always wanted to serve on the board of a nonprofit now is your chance to learn what is required and to find the organization that’s right for you.
Get on Board!, a one-day bootcamp, prepares business professionals for the rewarding experience of volunteerism, nonprofit leadership, and board participation. These seminars are also well-suited for nonprofit administrators seeking to learn more about board management or who are seeking to onboard new or prospective board members.
Participants learn about the different types and structures of boards, as well as the roles, responsibilities, and legal obligations of nonprofit board members. This seminar also provides the tools and resources to find the organization that is a best fit for an individual’s skills and passions.
This fun and interactive seminar covers:
- Board types and structures
- Effective board governance
- Group dynamics and decision making
- Legal and fiduciary responsibilities
- Fundraising, marketing, and strategic planning
- Finding the organization for you
Who should attend:
- Anyone interesting in serving on a board now or in the future
- Current board members seeking a better understanding of their role
- Executives of newly incorporated nonprofits
- Business professionals of any age and level of experience who are passionate about nonprofit causes
- Human resources professionals or directors of training
- Leaders of nonprofit organizations (contact us to learn more about attending with new board members at a 2-for-1 rate)