- This event has passed.
Get on Board | May 17
October 31, 2018 @ 12:00 pm - 4:30 pm$275
Business professionals like you serve on the boards of hundreds of Boston-area nonprofit organizations, and many more boards are in need of your services. Business skills, enthusiasm, and the desire to make a positive difference can have a huge impact on any nonprofit organization.
Led by Jim Grace, Get on Board! will prepare you for the rewarding experience of volunteerism, nonprofit leadership, and board participation. You’ll learn about the different types and structures of boards as well as the roles, responsibilities, and legal obligations of nonprofit board members. This half-day seminar will also provide you with tools to find the organization that best fits your skills and passions.
This fun and interactive seminar covers:
- Board types and structures
- Effective board governance
- Group dynamics and decision making
- Legal and fiduciary responsibilities
- Fundraising, marketing, and strategic planning
- Finding the organization for you
Who should attend:
- Anyone interesting in serving on a board now or in the future
- Current board members seeking a better understanding of their role
- Executives of newly incorporated nonprofits
- Business professionals of any age and level of experience who are passionate about nonprofit causes
- Human resources professionals or directors of training