- This event has passed.
Get on Board Seminar, May 5
May 5, 2017 @ 9:00 am - 4:00 pm275$
Business professionals like you serve on the boards of hundreds of Boston-area nonprofit organizations, and many more boards are in need of your services. Business skills, enthusiasm and the desire to make a positive difference can have a huge impact on any nonprofit organization.
Get On Board!, a one-day bootcamp led by Jim Grace and Liam Abramson, prepares business professionals like you for the rewarding experience of volunteerism, nonprofit leadership, and board participation. You’ll learn about the different types and structures of boards, as well as the roles, responsibilities, and legal obligations of nonprofit board members. This bootcamp will also provide you with tools to find the organization that is a best fit for your skills and passions.
This fun and interactive seminar covers:
- Board types and structures
- Effective board governance
- Group dynamics and decision making
- Legal and fiduciary responsibilities
- Fund raising, marketing and strategic planning
- Finding the board for you
Who should attend:
- Anyone interesting in serving on a board, whether now or in the future
- Current board members
- Executives of newly incorporated nonprofits
- Business professionals of any age and level of experience who are passionate about nonprofit causes
- Human resource professionals or training managers considering board training for their company’s executives